Friday, June 13, 2008

Gone are the Days of Playing and Having Fun!

It's been a while since i last blogged about certain events. I got too preoccupied with a lot of stuff such as processing my school requirements, enrolling and shopping for things i need for school. anyway,...

Yesterday was my first day at school as a college nursing student. It was pretty scary at first 'cause I'm not used of having boys inside one classroom since i graduated from an exclusive school. It wasn't really that of a shock though since i studied at la salle back in my fresheman and sophomore years. Anyway, going back, not only my classmates made me frightened but also our professors. I've heard that most of them are strict and hard to please. But i shouldn't get myself get carried away.

When I stepped inside the campus, i finally got relieved. The higher batch of the College of Nursing gave us a very warm welcome. When i got on my seat, there was only one thing that kept running inside my head- how will i ever make friends with these prople? They can't even speak up to say "hi". So i decided to shut my mouth as well. It was a 4-hour programme and until now, i can't believe i have not spoken for that long. It was a nice programme but still, the dull moment had it's spotlight. For that reason, our batch got so bored which made us totally serene that no one even dared to ask something during the open forum.

Anyway, after the programme, as we were marching out from the conference hall, few people gathered around us and started giving out drum rolls. It felt so good to be welcomed lovingly. We then proceeded to our classrooms. To our surprise, our thoughtful and caring ates and kuyas served us lunch on our seats while entertaining us. They were really cool and funny. We had a getting-to-know-you activity, and it was awesome. Anyways, after eating, the volunteers gave us a tour around the campus and settled at St. Mauri's Hall. There, we had games such as relay, volley ball and amazing race. And as a member of I-CCN, I proudly acknowledge our team work for winning ALL the games! :) I really had fun even if it was tiresome. Everything was so worth it. I've met a lot of new friends and was able to interact with students from other sections. Im starting to love college. I am so looking forward to our regular school days. I really cant wait.

And oh, there's one thing that made me really excited to be in 2nd year. Our batch will start our duties to the hospital next year! And not just ordinary duties. We were given the opportunity to assist in child delivery. :) it's so so fun! :) but having 28 units per sem makes it not. But i can sense it that i will enjoy this semester. I have to make the most out of my first year. And i have to cut-off most of my extra-curricular activties to be able to focus on my studies well.

WITH GOD'S HELP, I BELIEVE I CAN PURSUE ON MEDICINE! :)

So to all who are undecided in taking up nursing, make up your mind! You wouldn't want to miss enjoying this very wonderful world of medicine.:)

3 comments:

henzel said...

Goodluck =)
College is a whole new chapter of your life but it will be filled with deeper lessons in life and i'm sure FUN will still be there. Enjoy.

Liza C Abad said...

good luck to your college life. :)
welcome to our world! :) haha

denise*021* said...

haha. thanks guys.:)